Poisonous Mushrooms

mushroom danger

Some mushrooms are poisonous, some are not. Non-toxic, such as ear mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, shiitake, oysters, buttons, and straw. These mushrooms can be consumed because they do not have dangerous toxins that can endanger lives. However, there are other types of mushrooms which, when consumed, can endanger lives because of their high toxicity.

mushrooms in forest

1. Angel Wing (Pleurocybella porrigens)

Pretty names can be deceiving, who knows how pretty names are used to cover up the deadly side of something. Angel wing is a mushroom that has a beautiful name, but that name does not mean that it is safe. This fungus is one of the deadliest fungi in the world that must not enter the body’s system.

The name angel is used because once you eat Angel wing mushrooms, this mushroom can give you a ticket to heaven. Before being declared dangerous, this mushroom was said to be safe for consumption. Until finally many casualties fell after eating Angel wing mushrooms. It is not clear what poison is contained in Angel wing, but it is believed that Angel wing poison has a dangerous degree equivalent to cyanide. There was a case in 2009 where a grandfather died of encephalopathy after eating Angel wings. Not to mention the other symptoms caused such as kidney failure and liver problems.

2. Lethal Webcap (Cortinarius rubellus)

If you hear the scientific name Cortinarius rubelles, maybe you will not know that this fungus is actually a dangerous fungus. When in English, this mushroom has the name Lethal webcap. There is a word lethal which means deadly, you better not try to get close or even eat this mushroom.

Lethal webcap, as the name implies, this fungus is a very dangerous fungus. This fungus is one of several other types of webcap fungi that are equally dangerous. If you eat this mushroom, 2 to three days later, you will experience flu, kidney failure, thirst, frequent urination, pain in the kidneys, and finally difficulty urinating. If it continues, the effect can be deadly.

3. Panther Cap (Amanita pantherina)

This one fungus is recorded to have claimed many victims. The reason is, this one mushroom has a shape similar to The Blusher or Amanita rubescens. The Blusher mushroom or Amanita rubescens is a type of wild mushroom that can and is safe to eat. Whereas the Panther stamped mushroom does not.

The panther cap has the scientific name Amanita pantherina, which is one of the most dangerous mushrooms you should not eat. If you accidentally eat the Panther cap, you will experience very strong hallucinations. It is advisable to immediately go to the hospital for further treatment.

4. Autumn Skullcap (Galerina marginata)

Add one more reason not to visit Australia. After all the things that can kill you in Australia, the presence of Autumn skullcap mushrooms is still added. Having the scientific name Galerina marginata, this deadly fungus is a fungus that can be found frequently in Australia and in several countries in the Northern Hemisphere.

Galerina marginata still has the same toxic substances as Demise cap mushrooms, namely Sangatoxins. These milled mushrooms, which are found around the wood of dead trees, can give you serious problems if you eat them. Starting from diarrhea, vomiting, hypothermia, and liver damage. If you do not get treatment in a fast time, death is something that cannot be avoided.

5. False Morel (Gyromitra esculenta)

With all its quirky and bizarre forms of mushrooms, there’s nothing more outlandish than the False Morel. It is nicknamed the Human Mind Fungus because of its shape which is similar to the human brain. From its terrible form, it should have been a warning for us not to eat this mushroom.

A mushroom with the scientific name Gyromitra esculenta, is found in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. This mushroom in the shape of a human brain is very poisonous when consumed raw. It needs to be thoroughly cooked until the poison contained in False morel is reduced. The poison contained in False morel is gyromitrin, eating it raw results in liver and nervous system damage. and kidneys. A few hours later you will experience vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, and weakness. A week left untreated can lead to death.

6. Podostroma Cornu-Damae

Asia is a continent where a paradise for rare mushrooms, Podostroma cornu-damae. Unlike other mushrooms, this mushroom has a very unique shape. Long and orange or red like carrots. There have been many cases involving Podostroma cornu-damae fungus in Japan and Korea.

This orange or red mushroom contains a very deadly poison called trichothecene mycotoxins. Anyone who eats this mushroom will immediately experience failure in several organs. Pdostroma cornu-damae can produce symptoms such as colic pain, skin peeling, hair loss, low blood pressure, liver necrosis, severe kidney failure, and death.

7. Conocybe Filaris

When you are in the forest with food stocks that have run out, never carelessly eat things in the forest, for example mushrooms. Misidentifying mushrooms and eating them can result in deadly. Especially if you consume a mushroom called Conocybe filaris.

Judging from the shape that looks safe, this mushroom is actually a very dangerous fungus. Found mostly in the Pacific Northwest region, Conocybe filaris contains harmful mycotoxins. Side effects of eating these mushrooms can appear after 6 to 24 hours later. Stomach flu, gastrointestinal disorders, and lead to kidney and liver failure are side effects of Conocybe filaris.

8.Destroying Angels (Amanita virosa)

A cool name does not guarantee that mushrooms are safe for consumption. Destroying angels is one of those mushrooms with a cool but deadly name. Has the scientific name Amanita virosa. This fungus is commonly found among trees, especially in Beech Trees, with slightly mossy soil conditions.

July to November is a fertile month where the Destroying angels grow. Side effects after eating Destroying angels mushrooms will appear a few hours later. Shortly after eating, people will vomit, have diarrhea, and have an upset stomach. After that, when they feel the effect has gone, a few days later the person will die of kidney or liver failure. There is no bidder for Destroying Angels.

9. Lethal Dapperling (Lepiota brunneoincarnata)

There are many deadly fungi called loss of life, one of which is the Lethal dapperling mushroom. And if there is a loss of life element in a fungus, it is a strong signal that the fungus is a deadly mushroom that should not be consumed even if you are hungry. Europe and Asia are areas where the Lethal dapperling fungus is often found.

Having the scientific name Lepiota brunneoincarnata, this fungus is considered deadly because it contains very poisonous toxins. Its appearance which has a resemblance to an edible mushroom makes many people fool around and eat it. Liver poisoning is a symptom caused by eating Lethal dapperling mushrooms. If allowed, it can result in even more deadly.

10. Demise Cap (Amanita phalloides)

England is the country where the Demise stamp mushroom takes the most victims. This fungus is still in the genus Amanita, which means that it is still related to Destroying Angels. The scientific name for Demise stamp is Amanita phalloides. The side effects of Demise cap are the same as Destroying angels.

A few hours after entering the body, Demise cap can cause a number of effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, and pain in the stomach. When all the effects are gone and think it will heal, then the deadly effect appears. People will die from kidney and liver failure. Want to know more bad news? There’s no cure for Demise stamp.

Poisonous Mushrooms

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top